Theme Statement: ISY is committed to addressing the individual learning of each student. A program of Inclusion will ensure differentiated instruction for all of our students, de-emphasizing the need for additional tutoring.
- Create an ISY culture in which individual learning styles are valued and regularly celebrated.
- Review admissions procedures and communication to reflect ISY’s approach to inclusive practices.
- Develop an understanding among faculty that intervention is not a program but a collaborative approach to enhancing student growth.
- Implement a multi-tiered response to intervention that is consistent across divisions.
- Develop school-wide instructional strategies and resources to ensure growth for all students.
- Implement school wide data management system for Response To Intervention (RTI) including data collected, measurements, and communication protocols.
- Enhance understanding within the community about inclusion and differentiation, including the role of homework and tutoring in a differentiated learning environment.
- Within three years, an audit of the data management system shows that information flow supports inclusion.
- Within two years, a community wide survey indicates an understanding of inclusion and differentiation.
- Within four years, a comparative analysis of student interviews indicates positive changes in attitude toward individual learning styles and academic growth.
- Within three years, an external evaluation indicates that instructional practices and interventions support inclusion.