February 11, 2021, Update
Just a reminder that Friday is a Holiday. No school for students. We will look forward to seeing everyone on Monday February 15th.
On Monday we will continue with the online learning schedule. The optional transitional day schedule will start up again in the near future. More Information about transition days will come next week.
University Information Night
Thursday, Feb 18th, 5:30 pm
How can you support your teen during times of change?
Although ISY strives to be a consistent presence for students, this week’s current events impacted your teen’s learning schedule. Several parents reached out to ask how they could help their teenagers during these unexpected changes. Here are a few suggestions:
- Be a Role Model: Teens take emotional cues from the adults around them. If parents demonstrate a calm, healthy attitude toward change, typically they will also. Demonstrate healthy habits, such as proper nutrition, sleep & exercise.
- Discuss world events with terms and vocabulary your teen can understand and help clarify any questions they have or misinformation they express.
- Highlight their safety. Children and teens have a limited world view. They need to know that they are safe and what measures are being taken to ensure safety.
- Allow them opportunities to share their feelings. Let your teen know that their feelings are valid and you want to support them.
- Highlight areas for gratitude. Change can be scary but it can also highlight the constant, the areas in our lives that are stable and supportive. Take a moment to be thankful for these areas.
If you or your teen would like support in dealing with change or other transitions, feel free to reach out to Mr. Fast at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. A-G at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar
- February 12, 2021, School Holiday
- February 15, 2021, Board Meeting
- February 18, 2021, University Information Night (UK, Europe, Australia, Japan, Hong
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95