The Final Few Weeks of School
We are entering the final few weeks of school and our students continue to be engaged and learning. If you will be traveling during the next few weeks, please communicate with your child’s teacher so that we can accommodate any special circumstances due to travel.
Wednesdays Compassion Session
At the end of the workshop, the team dared the ISY community to take action on any one of the “Dares” listed below. Truth and Dare was a fun way to hear from staff and students on ways they have been compassionate as well as received compassion and how it has impacted them.
WHEEL OF DARES
- Make a random act of compassion to someone you barely know.
- Make food & donate it to someone who is in need.
- Write a handwritten note to someone who has shown you compassion.
- Volunteer with one of the school’s charities, or a charity of your choosing.
- Pick up litter in your area for at least 2 hours (could happen over a couple of days).
- Donate a day’s non-essential monies (sweets, activities, beverages) to a charity or person in need.
Week of May 26th
- Students practice sharing their learning journey.
Week of June 2nd
- Learning Journey Celebration- students will share their learning journey and experiences. This will be a great opportunity to reflect and learn from others.
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95