Secondary Principal’s Blog
October 29, 2021, Update
Christina Powers, Secondary School Principal
This week the Middle School has been filled with Halloween fun and games and culminated with a Middle School Assembly and a Movie Night for MS students.
Middle School Movie will begin at 7:00 PM. The Movie will be Spiderwick chronicles.
Zoom links will be sent to students through their emails.
Just a Few Important Reminders for next week:
No School for Students on Wed. Nov. 3rd due to Parent-Teacher Conferences.
No School for Students on Thursday, Nov. 4th as it is Deepavali Holiday
Quarter one report cards and parent-teacher conferences sign-up are now available on PowerSchool.
As you review your child’s report card, make sure to carefully read the teacher’s comments and review the behaviors for learning. The quarter one report card is an indication of where your child is performing academically at this point in time. Please use this as an opportunity to discuss with your child what is working, and how to best move forward.
If you have questions about your child’s grades, please contact the classroom teacher and/or schedule an appointment during our parent-teacher conferences.
Parent-Teacher Conferences will take place on November 3, 2021. Conferences will be held on Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM MMT and an additional 3 hours at other times throughout the day. Students are encouraged to attend conferences with their parents. Please note, after signing up for conferences you will be able to access your PTC schedule on PowerSchool. In addition, prior to conferences, we will email parents with your conferences times and links in order to facilitate a smooth conference time.
If you have difficulty accessing your child’s report card or conference sign-ups, please contact the Secondary School office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In addition, if you would like to schedule an appointment with the School Counselor, IB coordinator, or myself please email the secondary office.
- Click the following link to access PowerSchool
- Enter your username
- Enter your password – If you have forgotten your username and password contact email@example.com assistance.
- Click on the login button
*Accessing Your Child’s Report Card*
- Once you log in you will see your child/children’s name on the left-hand side top of the screen along with the information of student schedule.
- Click on student name
- If you would like to accessQ1 Report Card click on “Document” icon on the left side of the screen
- Student Documents box will appear on the screen
- Click on the file name “Q1Report Card 21-22″
*Sign up for Parent/Teacher Conferences*
- Click on student name
- Click on “Parent-Teacher Conferences” icon on the left side of the screen
- And conferences sign up will appear on the screen
- Click on Book/Cancel
- Select the teacher you would like to schedule an appointment by clicking on select
- Click on Block Slot to schedule an appointment –
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95