Important Events this Upcoming Week
Parent Presentation “Supporting our Children in an Uncertain Time” will take place in the cafeteria from 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
Given the current uncertain environment and time we are in, it can be difficult to figure out how to support ourselves and our children. Our ISY counselors will share how ISY is supporting your children and provide some tips for parents.
High School Homecoming Dance
Saturday, September 24, 2022, 6:00 PM-8:00 PM on the ISY campus SAS 411E. Tickets are on sale for 15,000 Kyats. Students can also buy tickets at the day of the event.
High School Volleyball
High School Volleyball vs. YIS will be held in the ISY gym. Games will begin around 3:30.
During International Day there will be a cultural show in the evening. The Cultural Show is a chance to celebrate ISY’s student diversity and provide an opportunity for students to share dances, songs, or other acts connected to their culture. A form with more details will be sent out next week to sign up an act. Each performance should be no more than three minutes in length and must involve more than one student.
- Mask wearing indoors while with other people will be mandatory. All students will be required to wear a mask indoors and this includes the gym. The exceptions are the pool and while eating.
- Students will be encouraged to eat outdoors as much as possible. Students will be allowed to eat indoors and in the cafeteria for now but will be encouraged to socially distance while eating.
- Classrooms at ISY will be well ventilated with doors and windows open as much as possible.
- Students will be encouraged to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer regularly and we ask that students keep up this practice at home.
- Covid-19 test kits will be sent home with students every Friday (2 per student). We ask everyone to test on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.
- If a student tests positive we ask that you inform the ISY Clinic as soon as possible to get advice on how long the student should remain at home (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will continue to inform you of the first cases of Covid if they occur in your Grade or if a student’s teacher has a suspected case.
- If a student has flu like symptoms (fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, muscle/joint aches, tiredness) please keep them at home, test them using a rapid test kit and monitor them closely.
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 (0) 9 880 441 040