Secondary Principal’s Blog
November 8, 2019, Update
Christina Powers, Secondary School Principal
Just a reminder that on November 11th and 12th there is no school for students.
Family Fun Fair – On Saturday, November 16, 2019, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, ISY will be hosting our annual Family Fun Fair. Entry is 5,000Ks, which includes a raffle ticket. This is a great opportunity to have fun and support ISY Service learning Student organized groups. Join us for family fun-filled activities from the ferris wheel, bouncy house, and other fun activities.
High School WWW Information – Please see grade level WeekWithoutWalls information as follows:
Parent-Teacher Conferences: On Thursday, November 21, 2019, ISY will be hosting parent-teacher conferences. This year in secondary school we are piloting a new approach to the conferences. All conferences will be held in the school gym and will occur on a first-come-first-serve basis. Teachers will be seated alphabetically at tables throughout the SAS gym and will be available to meet with parents as they arrive.
- Conferences will not be scheduled ahead of time. Instead, parents will conference with the teachers, as they are available between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:20 PM.
- On PowerSchool, you will be able to find your child’s teacher and the teacher’s break schedule during the conferences. This will be helpful when planning your day’s schedule.
- Conferences with teachers should be no longer than 10 minutes. If more time is needed, please schedule a separate appointment with your child’s teacher.
- A queuing line of three will be established so that conferences can occur with a degree of privacy.
- In order to help teachers know who you are and who your child is, parents will be requested to wear nametags.
- Coffee and tea will be available throughout the day while you are waiting for your child’s teacher.
- The following staff will be available only part of the day – Todd Davis, Florent Robert, Adam Batty, Paul Self, and Ms. Swati.
We are hopeful that this new conference approach will allow you to see all of your child’s teachers in a timely and efficient manner.
This Week in Secondary School
- No school for students
- No school for students
- University of San Francisco lunchtime visit
- MS Volleyball vs ILBC at ISY
- HS Soccer at YIS
- ISY vs BSY – Swim Team Dual Meet
- HS Soccer @ ILBC
- Family Fun Fair at ISY 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95