Providing a Myanmar national student entrance to ISY as a Grade 8 student with a scholarship that remains valid until graduation from Grade 12.
The ISY Scholarship Program
The purpose of the program is to provide a Myanmar national student entrance to ISY as a Grade 8 student with a scholarship that remains valid until graduation from Grade 12. There are two scholarships available every year starting in Grade 8.
In February of 2018, the International School Yangon established eight strategic objectives. Three of these are:
- To establish a program of Inclusion to ensure differentiated instruction for all our students.
- To be a leader in Service Learning, contributing to change in our community.
- To celebrate Cultural Diversity promoting greater awareness of our host country culture.
The scholarship program helps us to achieve all three of these objectives. The program develops our ability to provide education for students with differing needs, allows us to positively contribute to the local community while at the same time bringing genuine cultural diversity to the school. The program truly supports our mission of being a community of compassionate global citizens and our vision to develop lifelong learners who will be a positive force for change in the world.
- Full (100%) tuition and fee waiver until completion of IB Diploma/graduation in Grade 12.
- Field study fees, and any other school-related fees to sustain regular participation and attendance will be provided.
- The experience of being part of an international community and culture.
- An opportunity to be a part of a world-class educational experience.
Students applying for the scholarship program at ISY must:
- be a Myanmar national and should reside in the Yangon region. Applicants are required to provide a copy of their Household Registration Book;
- graduate from Grade 12 at ISY before their 20th birthday. (The applicant’s date of birth should be after September 1, 2006 and no later than August 31st 2007.)
- currently be a student at a school / educational institution within Myanmar;
- show exceptional promise and involvement in areas of learning at ISY including academics, sports, art, music or other activities;
- complete the ISY Scholarship Application Form in full and provide all required documentation.
The ISY experience provides students with a challenging international education that equips learners with the skills and experiences necessary to enter the next phase of their lives as fully rounded global citizens.
- Founded in 1955
- Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12
- Over 46 nationalities in attendance
- 98% of ISY’s graduates attend colleges and universities of their choice around the world.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- ISY Student population – 800
- American Curriculum
- IB Diploma Program
The scholarship application for the 2021-22 academic year will be available on November 1, 2020.
Last day to submit applications for the 2021-22 year is Feb 15, 2021.
For more information
Contact the Scholarship Office
Phone: +95 1 512793, 512794, 512795 Ext 555
20 Shwe Taungyar Street, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95