Secondary Principal’s Blog
June 5, 2020, Update
Christina Powers, Secondary School Principal
After a very unusual spring, with lots of adjustments and learning new ways to connect, our school year is quickly coming to an end. To conclude the year on a positive note, we have the following celebrations planned for next week. In addition to these celebrations, our academic project will be culminating on Tuesday. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for your support throughout this particular time. The feedback and support from our community have been much appreciated. It has been through your feedback that we have successfully maneuvered virtual learning and, as a result, have begun to think of new and exciting ways to move forward.
A few things of note as we wrap up the school year:
- Please return musical instruments, textbooks, or other items to the ISY campus at your convenience. These items can be left on the front steps.
- Yearbooks are available at ISY for pick up.
- Report cards will be available on PowerSchool on June 9, 2020. Please remember that since this is a culminating report for students in grades 6-10, there will not be teacher comments on this report card. Students in grade 11 will have comments on their report cards as the IB is a two-year program.
Please do not hesitate to contact the secondary office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. We are available to help you.
- At 10:00 AM we will be hosting a zoom Secondary School Service Learning Celebration. This is an opportunity for Service-learning groups to share who they are, what they do, and what they accomplished. All students are encouraged to attend to learn more about service-learning opportunities.
- At 7:00 PM we will be hosting a Grade 8 moving on celebration. During this celebration, we will be welcoming our eighth graders to high school.
- At 10 AM Myanmar time, we will host the High School Awards Assembly. This is where students will be recognized by teachers for their achievements this academic year.
- At around 3:00 PM Myanmar time Student’s end of the year report cards will be available on Power school.
- At 9:00 AM Myanmar time, the Middle School will be hosting our Middle School Awards and Farewell Celebration. This is where we will acknowledge some outstanding students as well as celebrate the new adventure that awaits some of our students as they move off to new experiences.
- At 10 AM Myanmar time, we will host the High School Farewell Celebration. This will allow students to say goodbye to teachers and peers and will be our final meeting of the school year.
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95