Secondary Principal’s Blog
October 15, 2021, Update
Christina Powers, Secondary School Principal
Happy Thadingyut Holiday. I would like to take a moment to thank the community for their ongoing support throughout the first quarter of the school year. ISY continues to thrive because of the ongoing support and commitment of our community. Together we have managed to make the most out of our current situation.
This holiday marks the end of our first quarter of the school year. We look forward to sharing your child’s grades on Friday, October 29th on PowerSchool.
On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, the secondary team will be hosting virtual parent–teacher conferences. This is an opportunity to talk with your child’s teacher, ask questions, and learn more about what your child is learning in class.
All teachers will have “core” conference times that will take place between 8 AM – 12 PM MMT. In addition to this core time, teachers will have three hours of availability either before or after the core time depending on their time zones.
Key items of note for Scheduling Conferences:
- Conferences will be booked through PowerSchool. The link for conferences will be sent at a later time.
- The meeting times listed in the sign-ups are based on Myanmar time.
- We encourage student participation
- All conferences are 7 minutes in length allowing parents time to transition between meetings.
- If the conference times available do not work for you, please email the classroom teacher to arrange an alternative date and time for a meeting.
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 1 512 793 /94 /95