MAP Testing:(Grade 2-9) Continues until Sept 23rd,
This will be the last week of MAP testing. MAP assessments are online adaptive assessments that provide useful data in developing a fair and accurate assessment of a student’s academic achievement and growth. The assessments provide useful data for us in adapting and improving our curriculum.
Grade 2 to 9 students will be tested in Mathematics, Reading, and Language Usage. To ensure a fair and accurate assessment of a student’s academic growth and achievement, teachers combine MAP assessment data with all other student data that they have collected in classes. This combination of data informs teacher instruction in meeting the needs of each child. MAP assessment data is not the basis for a student’s academic grade as reported in Semester Report Cards.
If you have any questions about MAP testing, please do not hesitate to contact Mike Simpson at email@example.com.
High School Volleyball
Covid-19 Temporary Measures – August 2022
- Mask wearing indoors while with other people will be mandatory. All students will be required to wear a mask indoors and this includes the gym. The exceptions are the pool and while eating.
- Students will be encouraged to eat outdoors as much as possible. Students will be allowed to eat indoors and in the cafeteria for now but will be encouraged to socially distance while eating.
- Classrooms at ISY will be well ventilated with doors and windows open as much as possible.
- Students will be encouraged to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer regularly and we ask that students keep up this practice at home.
- Covid-19 test kits will be sent home with students every Friday (2 per student). We ask everyone to test on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.
- If a student tests positive we ask that you inform the ISY Clinic as soon as possible to get advice on how long the student should remain at home (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will continue to inform you of the first cases of Covid if they occur in your Grade or if a student’s teacher has a suspected case.
- If a student has flu like symptoms (fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, muscle/joint aches, tiredness) please keep them at home, test them using a rapid test kit and monitor them closely.
The International School Yangon
20 Shwe Taungyar Street
+95 (0) 9 880 441 040